M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a stock for my M1A. I plan on making a project out of it, using the instructions in Scott Duff's book.

It's a little difficult to tell whether the stocks on the internet (Fred's, US Armory) meet the criteria listed by John Miller: sufficient width at the left wall of the receiver and stock juncture, straight grain, no oil soaking, and no cracks. I plan on refinishing, so I can live with a few minor dings.

I figure that some of you have probably been through this before. Is there any advice you can give me so that I don't feel like I wasted my money when I see what comes in the mail? Are the prices of US Armory competitive with Fred's?

I appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks.

--tdow

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
The best thing to do is to make a telephone call and express your criteria that must be met. I'm sure any reputable business will cooperate in picking out a stock for you based on the criteria supplied. If you are looking at a particular stock, then ask questions and if you are satisfied with the answers, make the purchase. JMHO Hawk

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I would have to agree and say to call fred. I had a good long talk with him this afternoonabout ordering a dozen stocks.

He will shoot up the straight scoup on what you are looking for and he more than likely knows extactly what Scott Duff wrote.

Karsten

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put my order in with Fred for a Big Red. The brown truck will have me drooling like a Pavlov dog every time it comes within 100 yards of the house. Thanks for the help.

--tdow

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
tdow, did you happen to look at the stocks Hawk has on this site for sale?
He is one heck of a guy to deal with and if you don't see it, he can probably steer you to one.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sgt25 said:
tdow, did you happen to look at the stocks Hawk has on this site for sale?
He is one heck of a guy to deal with and if you don't see it, he can probably steer you to one.
And if you don't go with one of Hawks stocks you can't pass on his dummy kit. No M1A/M14 is complete without it.......

http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts