M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what this gage is for exactly, and how it is used.
Here are a few pics. If you need more just let me know. My internet search yielded no useful info.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like a handle is missing to me, but I opened the package so maybe this is a replacement part for a gage. Also, there are no lines on it. The package says lines to be added by user. Did I waste $20, or is this actually useful some how?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Did you look up the NSN on the paper included?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, but it did not really tell me anything, it actually raised more questions for me than it answered.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Under gage looks like 2 different dimensions which would explain the 2 diff sizes. Looks like a raw gage that would be sent from Material Command to whomever would do the engraving for muzzle measurements. Unless you can mark the measurements I would say 20 bucks for a neat piece of metal. Couldnt find anything on the NSN but cant read what TM they are refering to at bottom of form

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TB they mention "TB 750-242-2" I think is for how to use the Gage Record form itself, which looks to be DA 3023

I knew it was a roll of the dice as to what it would be, but had hoped for something useful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts