M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited this one. Can't seem to find anything about it from searching. I appreciate any help you can offer. Any idea of the born on date? Serial number 2961XXX (seven digits).

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
That looks like a garand receiver and gas system. Barrel looks too short. Mini-g? Folding stock is a BM59 alpine style.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
You haven't told us who made the rcvr. Is it a Garand or M1A type???

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
definitely a garand receiver so the "born on date" is likely 40's or 50's as to when the thing was built to its current configuration is anyones guess. Im not a garand expert but if that is a factory setup I would say you have rare and collectible piece. Ive never seen one like that with that particular stock, very interesting and cool looking

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Its a commercial made tanker. Need to see more close up of the front of the lower band area. I'm thinking its Shuffs build as hes the only one I know of that doesnt use a stub for a front handguard

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Looks like it has solid lower band, Shuff normally uses a standard band. Gas system also looks different. Hard to say what commercial company or what Gunsmith made it
Is there anything stamped on the receiver or inside of the stock that may be a clue ?
Is it 30.06 or 308/7.62x51 ?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
No ,thats USGI drawing numbers. Look in the barrel channel of the stock, alone the side of receiver for a name ,not numbers
Again, post this over of Shuffs forum. They are they experts on these rifles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts