M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I friend of mine bought an SA M1A rifle a few years ago and says he wants to get rid of it. I told him I was interested in it and asked him to describe it to me.

I actually fired the rifle one, but did not pay a lot of attention to it.

The rifle is in near new condition, under 200 round count.

1. match rear sights
2. stainless barrel (22' barrel)
3. some sort of CA. legal muzzle brake
4. walnut stock
5. not sure if the trigger set is match or not

He says he thinks it's a "match" rifle.

Does anyone remember these rifles from SA? Any help with its ID would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
744 Posts
Does it have the hooded rear sight, and can you tell if its been bedded? If it does it is a national match.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I think the above post are asking you to post some more Details about the Rifle . At best the Description is Vague

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I called back the same friend and he located the box for it. The model number is MA9822CA. After locating the model number I did more research. I found out that the rifle is a "Loaded" model.

He wants to trade me the rifle for $1,850 worth of stuff that I have (Imbel FAL and mags). I'm not so sure that the "Loaded" model is worth that much ($1,850) in its used, but excellent condition.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We don't really do the whole "what's it worth" thing here. I would google around and check prices because unless that rifle is all USGI it seems steep.

·
Registered
744 Posts
With a stainless barrel could make it worth that. But being used and you will want to get rid of that muzzle brake and get a proper flash suppressor. So that should cut the price to around 1600. He's your friend so you and he could find a trade that both will like. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
His asking price is a little high for the market demand at the moment. However in the not to distant past many would have gladly paid that price. In CA that price is not out of line for a new rifle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts