M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Springfield ser #062XX. The only markings on the barrel are GENESEO XL 308. On top of the barrel near the front sight it says NM.

The Op Rod is 7267064 over 6618.

Bolt 7790186 over HRT A20 over CDM

What can you tell me about my M1A, barrel, bolt & Op Rod?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
joemac8 said:
I just got a Springfield ser #062XX. The only markings on the barrel are GENESEO XL 308. On top of the barrel near the front sight it says NM.

What can you tell me about my M1A, barrel, bolt & Op Rod?
Your rifle was assembled around 1977 by Springfield Armory, Inc. in Geneseo, IL. You have a Winchester USGI operating rod, USGI bolt, and a National Match barrel. There are probably additional markings on the barrel under the hand guard. That will tell us more. The bolt was issued with the roller on it. It was made by Textile Machine Works who was a subcontractor for Harrington & Richardson.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
joemac8, yes. It's either a barrel turned by Numrich Arms (West Hurley, NY) or by Hillside Manufacturing (Dallas, Pennsylvania). It's a good barrel as long as it has not been shot out by the previous owner(s). I'll be adding more information to my book regarding Hillside Manufacturing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
joemac8 said:

66118 is winchester's code

the bolt # ends in "6" which means it was manufactured as a complete assy. bolts ending with "5" were distributed as the bolt body only.

HR_ means the bolt was for HRA; the "T" means is was made by Textile. this is all from Diff's most excellent book - read it and read it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.