Sage EBR
SOCOM
smith enterprise FSB
smith enterprise vortex flash hider
Larue LT 608 cantilever scope mount
warner low scope rings
Vortex viper 6.5-20 scope
standard clip holder

5 months ago I put a EBR chassis on my SOCOM, it feels great. However I've had a hard time sighting it in. I was getting a >5" group at 50 yard, and at 100 yd,rounds spread all over the 12" target. I was using PMC 308 147gr, not good target rounds but not bad for 100yd.

At first I swape the standard clip adaptor with rail section that came with the chassis, and it was slightly in contact with the larue mount. I don't think this larue mount is supposed to work that way so I put the stock clip holder back and the Larue mount is now freefloating.
I tightened down the tension screw as EBRbuilder said, just touching the barrel slightly, and Im pretty sure I didn't push down the barrel at all.And scope mounts are rock solid.Every screw on the chassis and mount were tightened by proper torque. NO GO. I was getting horrible accuracy as I mentioned above. I have to figure out how to fix this.

I noticed that when I pull the trigger(unloaded)and the hammer strikes, the reticle jumps a little. This doesn't happen on any of my rifle(even with cantilever mount).So I thought it could be the Larue mount because it bends when small amount of force applied. I put the rail section back just now to support the mount,The jump issued seems to be relieved a little, but is still there. I haven't tried out this set up. but I decided to ask more experienced users first before I waste more money on ammo.

Does anyone has similiar experience? Have you solved the problem and how? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
The barrel whip screw should touch the barrel then turned a 1/4 turn off, the sage rail should definitely not be there the mount was designed to float, your best bet is to shoot with irons and elimante the speculation of it being the scope mount first then go from there to see if there is a scope mount issue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot! that's what I thought initially. The ironsight is extremely hard to reach even with the lowest cheek rest setting. Maybe Im going to put a RDS on the rear rail and see how it shoot. Do you have any idea about the shaking reticle?

·
Registered
849 Posts
If the reticle truly shakes its the scope.

Take it off and bump it with your hand or something like a screw driver handle. The scope is robust enough for this. If the reticle jumps its the scope.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reticle should not move around. Do you have another scope you can try or can you try the scope in question on another rifle to see if you can get a group?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts