M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, I'm currently deployed to RC East and we just received 22" barreled EBR's with Mk4 LR/T 3.5-10x. I took my guys out to the "range" today to get them zero'd and all guns shot between 3.5mils to 4mils high at 100m with the turret bottomed out. (Shooting 175gr M118lr). Its shooting so high that with just 2 minutes on the turret I'm point of aim point of impact at 500m...Although the BDC on the dials is for 168gr, its insanely off.

What do you guys think? I know I can gather the dope and just dial off that but something just doesn't seem right with the setup.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not 100% familiar with that optic, but don't those BDC turrets have a zero stop of sorts?
brother, i think you just solved my issue. Pulled the cap off and there was 30 minutes down past what the zero stop was giving me. I'll go to the range to confirm but man I think you got it. Sometimes its the simple things you don't think of, I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
588 Posts
It says that Leupold discontinued that particular model of scope for some reason. That's what came up when I copied and pasted your weapon system to do an internet search.

Remember that Uncle Sam always accepts bids from the lowest bidder. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. It might be one of those bad times, just use Kentucky windage and you'll be fine...."Adapt, improvise and overcome"....Semper Fi....If life was easy then the Air Force and Navy would've had Grunt MOS's too....lol Enjoy the vid:[ame]http://youtu.be/VWCYv40Ur1g[/ame]

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Thanks! I've got 27 months in Iraq, but man this is a different world. Humping those mountains with all this crap ain't no joke!
I think I know where you are, becareful out there. I am not sure if I will be able to get out your way before I roteate out or not. If I do I will PM you and let you know.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
brother, i think you just solved my issue. Pulled the cap off and there was 30 minutes down past what the zero stop was giving me. I'll go to the range to confirm but man I think you got it. Sometimes its the simple things you don't think of, I appreciate your time.
Happy to help, stay safe out there and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks! I've got 27 months in Iraq, but man this is a different world. Humping those mountains with all this crap ain't no joke!
Drew, Welcome aboard! Keep your head on a swivel and come home safe! Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the same scope and had the same problem. I tried two different rifles and was using an sei Brookfield type mount with badger rings. I had the same result so I put it in a Larue tactical 30mm lt-111 0-cant mount atop my noveske 5.56 with the same result. (Leupold took it back free of charge and repaired it) It is fine now. But in my opinion it still bottoms out a bit soon, I'm on center @100yards but only have a couple inches more I can crank down.

EDTA: I've yet to try it on a.308 since getting it back.

·
Registered
468 Posts
While test firing the EBRs as we built them, many times it was necessary to back the allen screws out on the caps and adjust the elevation to get them on the target. After Doug and I retired, I really don't know what was done when the rifles were re-set at RIA, but you will find that the EBR tools that came with your rifles have the proper allen wrench to adjust your turret caps.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Most DMR rifles were zeroed at 500 to allow for quick shots. At 200 and 300 yards you will be shooting a couple of inches high on your target, out to about 750 your rounds will impact a few inches low. The only real variable would be the wind and that would be nominal inside 500 yards. Please remember a DMR rifle is not supposed to be used for "precision" shots at 1000 yards, although it is very well capable in the right hands. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
While test firing the EBRs as we built them, many times it was necessary to back the allen screws out on the caps and adjust the elevation to get them on the target. After Doug and I retired, I really don't know what was done when the rifles were re-set at RIA, but you will find that the EBR tools that came with your rifles have the proper allen wrench to adjust your turret caps.
Once the issue was identified we were able to use the tools in the kit to fix it. Thank you for the replies guys, you gave my squad increased long range capability for some upcoming op's.

I took the rifle back out to the top of the hesco earlier and it was on point, got dope all the way out to 1200m. I was lucky that there was no wind yesterday and with 55 minutes of elevation holding left edge was nailing a 1190m target >.>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts