M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm getting back into the game, I had to sell all my M1's and my two M1As and reloading gear about 7-8 years ago do to a split up and buy out.
So here I am, I'm really looking for a good builder and a good receiver maker, to build me a top notch NM rifle, Any advice to what forum to post these Questions would be great.
I was shooting in Or I now live in the SW corner of NM.
Cheers.

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

Welcome on board 250Keith, pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on M14/M1A Rifles and Military Surplus Ammunition. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great weekend Sir.

The 10 Golden Rules of Ammo:

1) You can never have too much ammo on hand. 1k rounds per battle rifle is a good minimum to start with (fubar).
2) Supplies of good surplus run out before you know it, and usually when you're running low on ammo so buy plenty while its available.
3) When in doubt about how much ammo you should buy, refer to rule #1.
4) Ammo is meant to be shot, so shoot often.
5) Because of rule #4, ammo must be replenished often as well.
6) When replenishing supply of ammo, refer to rules #1 through #3.
7) You must buy at least twice as much ammo as you shoot (fubar).
8) Always store ammo in a cool dry place (TEA). The only time you have to much ammo on hand is when you have a house fire(Slick).
9) If you don't have room in your house to store ammo per rule #8, build a bunker or a cellar in your back yard for storing ammo (TEA).
10) Friends don't let friends buy Indian surplus ammo (TEA). Or Never buy surplus ammo from a country where you wouldn't drink the water (midrat).

Please review my My New Mexico Range Report & my The Military Surplus Ammunition I have tested
postings. Good luck building a new collection.DI5

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You will find a wealth of information here by searching past threads. If you do not find what you are looking for, just ask. There are a lot of great folks here more than ready to help with the answers.

As for ammo, I would say XXIV Corps has fully covered that topic.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, 250Keith, I think you will find everything you are looking for in the "Firing Line" forum. Also it is a good place to ask any questions about the M14 platform. I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard, 250Keith, I think you will find everything you are looking for in the "Firing Line" forum. Also it is a good place to ask any questions about the M14 platform. I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-
Thank you for your service and your response

1 - 8 of 8 Posts