M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am glad that I found this site. I have had one Socom M1A that I sold in 2010, and I really regret it! I am going to purchase two M1A rifles in the near future.

·
Administrator
17,200 Posts
Welcome on board M1AJohnWick, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week ahead.

DI5

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you to all for the warm welcome!

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. I am a correctional officer in North Dakota. I am here on this site to learn about the M14/M1A, and purchase at least two.
I want to purchase an M1A/Socom 16 for defense on the compound I live on. It is roughly 6+acres and I believe the Socom 16 is a perfect fit for defending this property.
I am also going to be entering a law enforcement sniper training by next May-September, and I am torn between an M1A, and a bolt action .308. I will accept ANY, and ALL input, opinons and any information on the M1A as a modern sniper platform (as well as appropriate scope, etc). I do not believe in quantity, but rather quality when it comes to firearms, so I am going to make sure that I purchase quality M1A rifles. And, I am sure that there are quite a few members on here that have experience in the field of sniper/designated marksmen, and I would be honored by ANY, and ALL input from you.
I do have several other rifles and pistols, but, quite frankly I am a little embarrased to say that they are all German made of the HK variety. I am now totally focused on the M1A, it's history, and most importantly, it's reliabilty. Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and have a great day!
"JW"COP1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts