M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone new guy here from Kansas! Just bought an m1a scout not to long ago and joined the forum. Ran about 60-80 rounds through it and love it so far! Looking to some upgrades on it soon and seen that you guys have a lot of info on these rifles!
Thanks Tyler

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Welcome from MN. Watch some tonyben vids on YouTube to gain some familiarity (fieldstrip/lubrication/mods) with your rifle.

As far as upgrades, one of the best upgrades you can add to your M1A is a Sadlak NM Op Rod Spring Guide, it will really smooth up the action.

You could also replace your SAI trigger group parts with USGI parts and install a David Tubbs chrome silicon hammer spring, adding both will give you a really nice trigger pull.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome from Southern IL.
+1 on watching TonyBen's videos on maintenance & care, they are great tool in maintaining your M1A.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,613 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often H2Ohauler.

DI5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone hopefully I can get all that done soon if work will permit it! I plan on searching the forum heavily before I decide to get a different chassis for it or not. It'll be an all around rifle from hunting to target practice. Also own a colt ar15 lee enfield and a mosin Nagant. Really like the old and new military weapons and plan on getting more in the future! Also is there many Kansans on here?

·
Registered
356 Posts
10 miles north of windfield huh? I'm not sure about the city lake,thinkin afton is some what down south from me. I reside in the "Air Capital" Wichita.Are you a Walnut Festival type of guy?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.