M14 Forum banner

Hello M14 Firing Line members!

9227 Views 17 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  timshufflin
Because probably nobody here knows who the hell I am :)

Hello M14 Firing Line members! I'll tell you all a little about myself but it won't add up to a hill of beans compared to some of the names here. Seriously, some of the people on this board have forgotten more than I know about the M1 Garand. I do however know quite a bit about M1 Garand conversions and, as far as I know, commercially offer more conversion services then most. By the way, I also do Parkerizing :)

My niche is Garand conversions. A few things/services I do with the M1 Garand;

- The "Tanker", 18" Garand
- The "Shuff's Mini-G"
- M1D conversions
- BM59, all of them, I do Garand conversions to look like the real Italian Magazine fed battle rifle, every version.
- M14 Magazine conversion
- Shuff's Mini-G Mag fed M14 conversion
- Shuff's BM14, this rifle uses M14 magazines but looks like a BM59
- Tanker M14 conversions
- M14 bolt stop conversion for M14 mag fed Garand
- BAR magazine conversion, it's on youtube. I will not do another one as the BAR mags just don't hold up for long term use by my customers
- 35 Whelen, I can get the Garand to take 8 rounds of Whelen if you want me to. A standard Garand in Whelen can only stuff in 5 rounds. Oh, and I do the Whelen in the shorties too
- Parkerizing, that's how I started. Parkerizing is my base business but only one of the things I do
- Garand trigger work, barrel installs, blah blah blah

I learned to do these things by trial and error on my own stuff, I never touched a milling machine or lathe until 8 years ago. My Father In-Law taught me to machine in order to create the stuff I dream up or wanted to create. Now I have a pretty complete machine shop. I have no technical training in the Military or anywhere, for that matter, that could possibly explain why or how I do what I do. I really am very lucky to be in this business.

I do know a few things about short Garand's and magazine fed Garand's though because I've made my full time living for 8 years making it my business. If you have a Garand that is doing something "funky" I'll probably be able to help you even if your rifle is not a sacred collectors item worthy of attention from someone else.

If your M1 Garand rifle doesn't run right, I've probably already been where you are and can lend a hand if an easy fix over the internet is all that's needed.

Oh, and did I mention I do Parkerizing?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,526 Posts
welcome
Lruss

· Registered
4,149 Posts
Tim I know whom you are and your work .
Welcome aboard

· Banned
4,166 Posts
Tim,
Can you please PM me about your M14 magazine conversion?

I already have a very nice 308 Garand and it would be slick indeed to have it take M14 mags. I think those enbloc's are the Achilles heel of the Garand.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tim,
Can you please PM me about your M14 magazine conversion?

I already have a very nice 308 Garand and it would be slick indeed to have it take M14 mags. I think those enbloc's are the Achilles heel of the Garand.

Sir, don't know if you're the gentleman that PM'd be about this or not. If you are, I'm sorry I didn't catch that you already had the .308 barrel.

· Registered
10,690 Posts
Hello Tim, old Andy here. folks, if you need Garand work Tim's the man. He built an M1D for me outta my old match rifle & did a box mag job on my old tanker, both jobs perfect. Tim, I have creampuff all boxed up to send your way but I keep forgetting to mail it! oh yeah question- you did the bolt hold open mod to my tanker back when you 1st started doing them & now I understand the mod has moved on to the "last shot hold open" era. is that mod available as an upgrade to the manual bolt hold open mod you did on my tanker? thanks!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Tim, old Andy here. folks, if you need Garand work Tim's the man. He built an M1D for me outta my old match rifle & did a box mag job on my old tanker, both jobs perfect. Tim, I have creampuff all boxed up to send your way but I keep forgetting to mail it! oh yeah question- you did the bolt hold open mod to my tanker back when you 1st started doing them & now I understand the mod has moved on to the "last shot hold open" era. is that mod available as an upgrade to the manual bolt hold open mod you did on my tanker? thanks!
Yes, you can add the bolt stop on but it will require tear down to the receiver, machining, and parking. Peace and GOOD shooting!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.