Because probably nobody here knows who the hell I am
Hello M14 Firing Line members! I'll tell you all a little about myself but it won't add up to a hill of beans compared to some of the names here. Seriously, some of the people on this board have forgotten more than I know about the M1 Garand. I do however know quite a bit about M1 Garand conversions and, as far as I know, commercially offer more conversion services then most. By the way, I also do Parkerizing
My niche is Garand conversions. A few things/services I do with the M1 Garand;
- The "Tanker", 18" Garand
- The "Shuff's Mini-G"
- M1D conversions
- BM59, all of them, I do Garand conversions to look like the real Italian Magazine fed battle rifle, every version.
- M14 Magazine conversion
- Shuff's Mini-G Mag fed M14 conversion
- Shuff's BM14, this rifle uses M14 magazines but looks like a BM59
- Tanker M14 conversions
- M14 bolt stop conversion for M14 mag fed Garand
- BAR magazine conversion, it's on youtube. I will not do another one as the BAR mags just don't hold up for long term use by my customers
- 35 Whelen, I can get the Garand to take 8 rounds of Whelen if you want me to. A standard Garand in Whelen can only stuff in 5 rounds. Oh, and I do the Whelen in the shorties too
- Parkerizing, that's how I started. Parkerizing is my base business but only one of the things I do
- Garand trigger work, barrel installs, blah blah blah
I learned to do these things by trial and error on my own stuff, I never touched a milling machine or lathe until 8 years ago. My Father In-Law taught me to machine in order to create the stuff I dream up or wanted to create. Now I have a pretty complete machine shop. I have no technical training in the Military or anywhere, for that matter, that could possibly explain why or how I do what I do. I really am very lucky to be in this business.
I do know a few things about short Garand's and magazine fed Garand's though because I've made my full time living for 8 years making it my business. If you have a Garand that is doing something "funky" I'll probably be able to help you even if your rifle is not a sacred collectors item worthy of attention from someone else.
If your M1 Garand rifle doesn't run right, I've probably already been where you are and can lend a hand if an easy fix over the internet is all that's needed.
Oh, and did I mention I do Parkerizing?