M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just purchased a Early SAI USGI Woodland fiberglass stock off the PX, I got it today here is some photos!

Trigger group lock is nice and tight better lock up then my GI Birch stock. I am using a GI Solid handguard. Along with a GI Canvas sling and GI BRW-S1 Magazine.

Ric44 was the seller he did a very good job fast shipping.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,613 Posts
Looks good TheShooter...

DI5

Reactions: TheShooter

·
Super Moderator
11,174 Posts
So I just purchased a Early SAI USGI Woodland fiberglass stock off the PX, I got it today here is some photos!

Trigger group lock is nice and tight better lock up then my GI Birch stock. I am using a GI Solid handguard. Along with a GI Canvas sling and GI BRW-S1 Magazine.

Ric44 was the seller he did a very good job fast shipping.
Nice stock, I've had 3 or 4 over the years I never cared for the camo handguard I always painted them crinkle black. It didn't take long after the paint cured and a range trip for someone had too have it more than me. So yea, I've left the range without a stock a time or two.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Nice Buddy! Put your Brown one on now and we will get you a camo one later.
I do believe the Ammo won't know what color the hand guard is when you shoot it tomorrow!

·
Very Old Salt
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I was young and my dad took me with him to the gun shows at the Santa Clara Co. Fairgrounds in the '70s, my eyes were glued to all the ARs that were dotting the tables. Some were built up with M16A1 uppers and aftermarket lowers, and some were made into "CAR-15s" from kits sold by "Old Sarge" (Lonnie Lambert) and others out of SGN back in the day.

I also noticed the M14-type rifles (SA, Inc M1As, mostly) that some sellers had on their tables with what looked like absolutely flat ERDL cammo (very business-like). Most were really well done, so I suspect that someone was painting those stocks semi-professionally. Even though I was more interested in the M16 series (Colt civi AR-15s) at the time, those camouflaged fiberglass stocks intrigued me. Many times, those painted stocks were on rifles that were equipped with Leatherwood ART telescopic sights, or something similar.

Eventually, I wised up as I grew older and my interests switched to a real rifle, so I'll have to find a good quality paint so that I can duplicate the results that I was so impressed with when I was a boy. I have an old fiberglass stock that was beat up when I purchased it for $12.00 from Mountain View Surplus in San Jose back in the mid-'80s, but I sanded it down slighty to even out the gouges and rough edges in the paint, and I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
It looks Pretty Mean there Buddy!
Either Stock looks Good!

·
Premium Member
7,950 Posts
Shooter,

I like the wood stocks, even better are walnut stocks, there is something magical about them. With that being said, I think what you have, that camo stock is nothing short of amazing. It is one of my all time favorites and one I will have before the years end, it is just that cool. And I do mean cool with Bayo and all.

If it were mine, I know its not. I would leave it just as you have it, the USGI handguard in its unpainted form is by far the best looking, so leave it!

You have sir a bad ass rifle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.