M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been a lurker for a few months now, finally got around to posting a new member intro, as I'm more active on other gun forums and social media.

I'm a relative newbie when it comes to M14's, but the one rifle I have, I really do enjoy. This Fulton is the second rifle I ever bought, and I jumped headfirst into ownership by making sure it was an E2 clone with all the correct hardware and extras! And I recently went even deeper into the rabbit hole by switching out the furniture too. The black tape is handy in protecting the stock from scuffs and scratches–those M2 bipod legs are a menace.

But anyway, I hope to read a lot more and learn a lot more from you all!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,273 Posts
Now you have made a great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Velken in the future. I like your rifles, any range reports coming our way anytime soon?

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
488 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This a good place for all things firearms, especially M14 and Garand platforms.

ranger7gt

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina!!

Born and raised in Virginia, thirty years working in Northern Virginia got smart and moved on... Nice rifle...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Be aware that maryland has banned the m14/m1a and Fulton types. If you didn't possess the rifle before Oct 2013, you shouldn't transport it nto the state. This is my understanding. The chicom m14S is leagl. Figure that one out. Don't spend money in maryland. Same goes for the ar15, fal, hk and ak47 varients. Just some of the differences in free America and what's across the river. No reciprocity for CCW either. It's like new jersey and other utopias. The vcdl.org is the gun rights group for the state and mdshooters.com is a good forum. BTW welcome. Nice looking rifle.

paperwork351

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be aware that maryland has banned the m14/m1a and Fulton types. If you didn't possess the rifle before Oct 2013, you shouldn't transport it nto the state. This is my understanding. The chicom m14S is leagl. Figure that one out. Don't spend money in maryland. Same goes for the ar15, fal, hk and ak47 varients. Just some of the differences in free America and what's across the river. No reciprocity for CCW either. It's like new jersey and other utopias. The vcdl.org is the gun rights group for the state and mdshooters.com is a good forum. BTW welcome. Nice looking rifle.
Thanks! Oh trust me, I moved into Virginia from DC proper for those very reasons.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I forgot to mention there are strange rules about transport on federal roads such as the GW and Clara Barton parkways. The same for the BW parkway but I can't remember what they are. IIRC an owner particpated in a match at Quantico and had a vehicle breakdown on the BW parkway. Park Police have jurisdiction on these roads and he lost his M1a. This happened in the 1990s and I can't find a cite for it. The GW has a small section near some island (Roosevelt??) that belongs to DC. Maybe things have changed over time but I doubt it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts