M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello firing line!

Just bought the SA M1A Scout Squad - my first rifle....

I hope to learn some great stuff from the forums and hope to make some buddies as well.

Aside from removing the packaging and admiring the weight, nothing has been touched on this bad boy.

I've read every word of the SA documentation and it seems i'm supposed to clean the factory grease from the bore prior to my first range visit.

Should I just go ahead and clean the whole rifle? If so, what's the best method. Anybody have any good tips or links to a great step by step manual on M1A cleaning?

Thanks in advance.

DI4

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle. Do you mean this is your first rifle period? Thats cool! You bypassed a lot of wasted time and money on inferior products.GI6 By all means clean and lube the whole thing before you shoot it. There are some stickies (special threads that are deemed important) that show field stripping and cleaning. If you have trouble finding them there are some fine ones on utube. I hope you have a digital camera because we love pics. If you're close to Memphis give me a shout. I belong to MSSA and am always looking for someone to go shoot with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, this is my FIRST RIFLE EVER. I also bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 to keep it company.

Thanks for the tips on the stickies. After I posted the original message, I started browsing through the forum in detail and found a bunch of useful info on cleaning.

I don't get into Memphis much, but if I do, I'll certainly send you a forum message beforehand so we can go shoot.

Thanks for the response. I'll post some digital pics later. Nothing fancy yet, but I think its the toughest looking rifle I've ever seen.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. You picked the right place for info and good people. There is a wealth of great members willing to help and guidance. Have fun.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, markbsi1, first rifle, wow now you have a lot to go. GI2 I sure you will get a lot of benefit from the forums and I know you will enjoy being here with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new rifle.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome, you will find this to be a wealth of information for your new rifle. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and congrats on new rifle ! I know you will enjoy both !! you came to the right place for info .also check our M14 Rifle Association , it is the hottest thing on the web for M14 shooters that want to take it to the next level !

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome! First time M1A owner as well. As been said there is more information here than anywhere on the internet not to mention the unselfish and helpful members. Might as well get ready to spend ten bucks for access to the Shop 'N' Swap forums. DI5

I invite you as well to check out the M14RA site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome gents!

I'm going to clean the factory grease out of ol' Scout this wekeend and head to my neighbors farm for a proper intoduction.

Hope all of you have a happy new year!!!

DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4DI4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts