M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on this forum for a while, trying to cram as much information into my tiny brain. I am a fortunate gun owner and looking to purchase my first M14/M1A. A lot of good stuff on this forum. Also a big shout out to Tony Ben and his Youtube videos. Very helpful and informative.

This might be sacrilegious, but it is my goal to build an M14/M1A EBR in a Sage stock. I use "build" as a very loose term. While I enjoyed and learned a lot from Tony's videos on his M14/M1A build, bolt lapping, chamber reaming, etc. I am not brave enough to wade that deep into a build.

I have yet to purchase a single component for this rifle, still a lot more lurking to do on this forum. Building a spreadsheet, calculating costs, looking for the right parts, what are the right parts? Who knows. Hopefully you guys do. Then open the wallet and give away all my money before my wife finds out.

Seems like a neat community. Glad to be apart of it.

·
Administrator
17,202 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often KMac29.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello from the eastern side of the state.RNGR1

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome,

For years, I traveled all over installing industrial equipment, was in Missouri for a install long ago. Forget what town...

Left on the plane here in the cool early summer and went straight to the factory. Had to change into my shorts and t shirt in the men's room. Yikes talk about a difference in climate! I acclimated in a day or two.

Straight to Hooters for some shrimp and cold beer after work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts