M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

An M14/M1A Noob here from Northern California. US Army veteran and longtime military rifle collector.

Just bought my first M14-style rifle, a Springfield Armory M1A Loaded model. Looking forward to reading through the forums here and picking up some useful target shooting/accuracy information regarding it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Welcome from Southern Kalifornia (USA)

Welcome new member this is a great forum lots of great members.
Good Luck & Be Safe.

botlaudio

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,448 Posts
Welcome from SoCal! A "Loaded" model M1A was my first M14. You might get addicted, enjoy!
m14brian

·
Administrator
17,408 Posts
Welcome on board anubis, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week a head. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Banned
2,951 Posts
Welcome to both of you, from The Free State Of Idaho! There is no better site, period...JMHO and that of a few others. Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from Texas, anubis. Congratulations on your new rifle.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Welcome from the SF Bay Area!

·
Banned
654 Posts
Welcome!
As we like to say here on the forum: Pics or it didn't happen!

For example, here's mine....

SAI M1A Loaded w/ Basset Low Pic mount & Vortex PST 2.5-10x44

Its customary to include 'stats' as above, kinda like the particulars you would get on the Playmate of the month foldout. Guys like that kinda thing.
GI2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you, everyone! I've wanted an M14 style rifle for a long time now, so I'm pretty stoked to have finally been able to buy one.

I'll be sure to post some pics of the M1A as soon as I get her out of jail (10-day waiting period, that is...)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Welcome anubis,
You and I are fortunate to be able to take our M1A's to the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center (Folsom Shooting Club), and see what they can do. I like the 300 yard range where I can set my battle site zero. But, nothing is as much fun as the steel targets.
Wondering if you have been to an Appleseed shoot (Revolutionary War Veterans Association-RWVA) at Sac. ? If you haven't you really should attend. Check the office for flyers and details. No matter how good you are, you will almost certainly learn something and improve.
Glad to see another M1A owner in the hood. Not enough of us.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts