M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been an M1A owner for about a year now and have been to this forum several times but never explored it in depth. Also a member of the M1A forum where I have gotten some very good advice from time to time.

No active duty service although I have 9 years NG time. 6 in the Mississippi Army NG from 1971 to 1977 and 3 in the Nevada Air NG from 1983 to 1986. I did basic and AIT at Fort Knox, trained as a tanker on the M1A1 at Knox, guarded the gold one night and then went back to M-48's at my NG unit.

For most of my life, I owned the Marlin 989G .22 I was given for my 10th birthday and my father's 20 guage shotgun. About 18 months ago I started getting concerned with the state of the US and world and started researching military style rifles and pistols. Decided on an M1A Scout and Beretta M9A1 for what I half jokingly call my "Armegadden Arsenal".

Looking forward to learning more about my rifle from the crew here. I can tell from reading some of the post I'm definately a rookie but I'm looking to learn.

Good shooting to all.

Clark

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Howdy...from Lebanon County!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Welcome! Jump right in

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Welcome from McKean County.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ahhhh...we are neighbors. My home is in Mount Penn, (Reading).
Mt. Penn is a bit of a hike from my AO... still nice to have another PA member here though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome

Welcome from PA. I was at Fort Knox for clerk typist school. I remember the instructor threatening us with a wooden spoon. He said if we couldn't learn to type 20 words a minute we would be sent to cook school. Years later I ran into one of the guys working in a mess hall, he loved it. You came to the right place to learn about the M14. ARMY1 M48TNK

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:)))))))..... Thanks for catching that. It WAS the M60 I trained on. It was over
40 years ago now, so I hope I will be forgiven the error.

One of my most vivid memories is washing the damn things in
January with a fire hose after a driving range visit.
I splashed the turret and the water froze almost instantly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts