M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am from southern Ohio born and raised. I come from a long line of soldiers and competitive shooters.

I am a huge gun fanatic, I will never have enough. I love military issued weapons - WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and all new Government issue.

I have an order in the mail for a CMP HRA garand, will be drooling daily over the Garand pictures and the "Steel and Wood" posts until she arrives.

Thats about it!

Cheers,

Eddard

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio! Glad to have another Buckeye aboard.

Reactions: Eddard Stark

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Welcome from the Arrid Zone. I was just watch about Ohio on the show, "How The States Got Their Shapes"

I did not know you guys were not officially a state until Eisenhower signed a law making you one in the 1950's.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State, Eddard Stark.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from the Arrid Zone. I was just watch about Ohio on the show, "How The States Got Their Shapes"

I did not know you guys were not officially a state until Eisenhower signed a law making you one in the 1950's.
I actually did not know that! Pretty neat

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hello from central Ohio.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

Thought some folks might find this interesting: OHIO

On February 19, 1803, US President Thomas Jefferson signed an act of Congress that approved Ohio's boundaries and constitution. However, Congress had never passed a resolution formally admitting Ohio as the 17th state. The current custom of Congress declaring an official date of statehood did not begin until 1812, with Louisiana's admission as the 18th state. Although no formal resolution of admission was required, when the oversight was discovered in 1953, Ohio congressman George H. Bender introduced a bill in Congress to admit Ohio to the Union retroactive to March 1, 1803, the date on which the Ohio General Assembly first convened. At a special session at the old state capital in Chillicothe, the Ohio state legislature approved a new petition for statehood that was delivered to Washington, D.C. on horseback. On August 7, 1953 (the year of Ohio's 150th anniversary), President Eisenhower signed a congressional joint resolution that officially declared March 1, 1803 the date of Ohio's admittance into the Union.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks all. I am learning a ton already just from browsing through all of the posts about garands and m1a's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome from another southern Buckeye

1 - 20 of 25 Posts