M14 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.
Wiz - you calling Pearland "southeast" Texas?

I live in the "Blowmont" - the 2019 official list topper of "The USA's Most Miserable Places to Live." That's southeast TX for ya DI2

Anyway....WELCOME to the Floridian!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
A few years ago, I thought it wise to finally buy the Fulton M14 I had been daydreaming about. So far it's only been to the range once, but that's getting ready to change. I appreciate all the knowledge and info on this site. I offer a special thank you to all the vets here.
Welcome Jim!

I used to live in Land o' Lakes (Calusa Trace to be exact)...and...if you saw my post to "Wiz," we will live there again one of these days. Moved to Tampa in 2000 and was there for 14 years before my job transferred me to TAYHAS. May not go back to Tampa proper, but we will locate SOMEPLACE in Florida where I can put some distance on my shooting rigs, and get my fishing rig in the Kissimmee Chain on a regular basis.

The Manatee Gun Club goes out to 1000yds but it's an hour south of Brandon. That was a " 2-3 times a year trip " when we were there. Great range though. I spent 25 years in the Coast Guard, 14 of it in Tampa/St. Pete but I was always on a ship and gone half the year. Gotta squeeze in your "happy time" when you got it!

HAPPY SHOOTING!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I lived in LOL until two years ago. Hernando Sportsman's club has 200 y ranges, Dade City is nice, but only to 100. East Lakeland has Tenerock, managed by the State. Also there's a 100 yard club in Clearwater. When I retire in 1.5 years I plan on doing a LOT more shooting a at least one of these places. :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts