M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I enjoy lots of different firearms and have learned that joining the best forum for each is a smart and entertaining thing to do.

I have a varied accumulation of firearms but was missing a real battle rifle.

So while I have modern guns, I also like and own guns that are very "un-tacticool", which somehow seem more like "real guns" to this 60 year old ICONSMILE

After researching battle rifles (shout out to Boston T. for being very helpful) I concluded I wanted a Squad Scout or a Socom 16.

Then I looked around for a few months for the right rifle at the right price.

Last week I got a great deal on a two year old OD Socom 16 with light use and good maintenance.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance you will provide me.

Cheers,
Greg

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
Welcome on board greghaz, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

DI5

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A Great Lake State welcome from another 60-year-old newbie. If ammo was free, I'd be shooting my M1A all day long. The other members in here are tremendous.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I look forward to hanging out with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.