M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seriously looking at the Highlander Socom 16 from PSA but found the one I really wanted on GON which was the Urban Camo Socom II and it had an Eotech already mounted. The highlander was my second choice but the seller of the Urban Camo turned out to be a flake that did not want to do a personal handoff and wanted payment by bitcoin. In the interim the one from PSA became no longer available although it seems to be available again now for about $50 more. Anyway I found an unfired Highlander on Armslist that was about 30min away and completed the deal on it. It ended up being an excellent deal as it included the 4th gen alum scope mount (will not be using), all the normal items that come with a new SIA including the cleaning kit, 6 20rd mags and std 10rd along with a complete collection of Sadlak tools and spring guide. I have put about 40 rounds thru it and I am starting to get more comfortable and consistent with it after getting used to the sights and where they work for me: not a fan of the rear sight as it is too large for my taste.

I did just purchase another stock with the VLTOR SOCOM hardware and may switch that out and add an extra Eotech 512 that I have. Then I might do a hydrodip on the extra stock to get closer to the Urban Camo pattern that I originally wanted as I still have that vision engrained into my mind. I have always been a fan of wood furniture but want to keep this one different.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Welcome to the forum, post up some pics when you. Get a chance.

I have an urban camp stock and tin is my favorite no doubt, also have a matching handguard.

·
Administrator
17,168 Posts
You made a good decision in registering here this month and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Alpinacsi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the current stage. I have removed the S16 handguard and mount, the receiver mount and added the used VLTOR Socom II upper and lower mount. The receiver bolt for the VLTOR was missing from the set that I secured so I will contact VLTOR directly to see if I can purchase a new one of those. I also plan to remover the scope mount attachment piece and replace it with the correct stripper clip guide: I assume it is available from SA.

The black stock will possibly be hydro dipped
Urban Camo or something similar as I prefer the black/gray/white for this build.

Next is to take it out for some bonding time. I picked up 100rds of inexpensive ammo today; Winchester 147gr FMJ.

I live in Cumming but typically go to a friends property in Dahlonega where he has a nice outdoor range set up.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,026 Posts
Welcome from SoCal!

You can get your stock hydro dipped in some urban camo pattern, you're not stuck with that one.
m14brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts