M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this great site. I've been a M1 Garand owner for 15 years(rebarreled SA). I am currently doing my homework for a future purchase of an M1A. I like the Springfield offerings. Specifically the standard with composite stock.

I'm still searching this site for several questions. So asking here may be premature. But I do have one I'll ask.

Locally a fine fellow is selling a "1970's Springfield M14."

Would that be a re-receivered M14?

The serial number in his picture is 1381XX or 1391XX. The reason I ask is the serial number listing I looked at does not place this in the 70's.

Thanks
Brett

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I own a standard built in 8/79 and the serial # is 010***. I have confirmed my build date with both Springfield and again with the thread on this site and it makes me wonder about the claimed build date of the one you are looking at.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum BAR68, enjoy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Saw a clearer pic of the local M1A for sale. S/N:12319X which puts it at 12/99. Comes with 2 extra stocks(black,walnut). Appears to have a stock with the earlier cutout for the select switch.

What vintage had USGI parts?

Thanks
Brett

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, BAR68, I can't help with number questions but I'm sure the information is here or someone knows. GI2 I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts