M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
We can disagree and that's okay.
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my M1A Scout Squad about a year ago, and for the last year I've been in the process of realizing I should have splurged earlier for the nicer, full length model. Thankfully, I'm an engineer and I've been tinkering a lot with it which is more than half of the enjoyment I get out of firearms. I love to tinker.

This forum has been a wealth of info and I've watched nearly all of tonyben's videos on YouTube so I figured I'd finally stop lurking. I haven't used a php message board for about 10 years so I was surprised to see communities still running them.

Reactions: Tom Paine

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert again!?

·
Super Moderator
3,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Roswell, Georgia

M1Army

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,931 Posts
Welcome in from SoCal!

You guys still the end of the MAX out there? When I was up there 20 years ago it basically stopped short of heading into the front of a brick wall. GITEN
m14brian

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the last MAX stop is still somewhere in downtown Hillsboro, but I'm not that far west (I'm 5 min from Intel campus).

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,931 Posts
Cool, I love the PNW except for the modern far left politics, I was born in Portland, have a brother that lives in SW Portland and the other lives in Troutdale. I lived in Gresham.

Lots of regular members up there in the area, the "Oregon Contingent". GITEN
m14brian

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I love the PNW except for the modern far left politics
Once you leave Portland city limits, the blue bubble isn't so extreme. Way out here in the suburbs, we have all kinds. There's even left-leaning gun groups. GI3 RNGR3 USN3

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Welcome from Northern California...Tony and Phil live sorta close to you, I lived in Eugene for several years back in the 1980’s going to college and working, I still get up there several times a year.

GO DUCKS!

Mac GI6

·
Administrator
17,674 Posts
Welcome on board electricnic, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.
I lived on Shuter road and Tandem way for over a year.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Welcome aboard. Don't sell that Scout Squad short, it'll shoot just as good as a "full sized" M1A and in some cases better.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Yeah the last MAX stop is still somewhere in downtown Hillsboro, but I'm not that far west (I'm 5 min from Intel campus).
howdy
welcome from Wyomin!
quip from back in the day, when they switched a CPU pin out 45° from the PGA to SMD;
You can tell it's Intel, it smells.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome aboard. Don't sell that Scout Squad short, it'll shoot just as good as a "full sized" M1A and in some cases better.
Not selling it, but the 22" barrel and M21 stock are already on their way.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts