·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome Thomas, from Southern IL.

Reactions: Thomas_Ruider

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Moin moin Nachbar, Mein letzter Einsatz in Berlin war im KdoTA in der JLK.
Cheers
Wolf

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome aboard

Thomas.
I see you're the guy who will give the lowdown on the Walther barrel for the M14 platform. I'm a big barrel fan and plan on picking up a couple. I have a 1979 Mercedes 300d I'm working on making my road car. Owned a few German cars 1957 VW Bug, !971 VW Bus and 1969 911T Porsche all Great Cars. They were drivers. This fall a Thomas from Denmark is heading my way going run him around a bit. Once again Welcome Aboard.
Pfc out

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@ Thoban: I know the former HQ - Area well, I pass it every day when I have to go to the Explosion Stand Grunewald nearby.
I have License for Explosives, blow up things is as funny as shooting.

@stoky: Greetings back to Wyoming! Very Interesting! My Grandfather was in the 2nd U.S. Cavalry Regiment in the War. In Bavaria he met my Grandmother, so here I am.

@chaindrive: It was reilly a crazy time, every morning you woke up and turned radio on, if mayby the Sowjet Anthem plays on your favorite station. In Police we were all drilled for combat and using Machine Guns and Grenades. I am very glad, History turned to other side.

@Louis: Can you fix that problem with your hacked account?

@ Tom Paine: I remember, there was an attack on U.S. General Kroesen in Heidelberg with RPG 7. And some other Attacks. Good that times are over.

@ Wolf: Hallo, dann kennst Du Dich ja gut aus in Berlin. In der JLK hatte ich auch ein paar mal zu tun.

@ PFC Thomas: I am not shure if a Lothar Walther Barrel is able to make a M14 a more accurate gun. I have good results with my iron sights on 50 yards; At 100 yards I need my Steiner or a Red Dot Sight; both lacks in accuracy, I had wandering groups cause I used a cheap scope mount. Yesterday I ordered the Springfield Mount ( Hoping in having no more wedged casts ) and the Sadlak Spring Guide ( thanks to this Forum, I learn a lot here ) and will go on.
Very cool cars you had! I had two Bugs too, 1967 and 1972...

·
Registered
73 Posts
thomas, i am curious about civilian ownership of firearms in europe. i looked at LuxDefTec's web site and noted the semiauto rifles for civilian use, and the bolt-action conversions for britain. so i wonder, how easy and common is civilian gun ownership in europe?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Gun law wise there is no common law in Europe, each Country has its own. From very liberal in the Czech Republic to extreme strict in GB. In Germany it is not a right, it is a privileg, given only to those with a requirement like hunters, sport shooters and collectors. If so its quite easy to buy a specified gun under full registration in a national gun register. Full background checks, competence checks from the authorities and acknowledgement from your club is mandatory.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Willkommen!

(I cheated with Google on the spelling, and my working vocabulary is limited to 'Ich weiß es nicht' and 'Das ist mein Anteil')

Glad to have you! Please share your projects!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Gun law wise there is no common law in Europe, each Country has its own. From very liberal in the Czech Republic to extreme strict in GB.

Well, I don’t think the gun law is liberal here, but very strict actualy. Nevertheless it is “very liberal” after you pass all the legal requirements from point of what and how much you can own.

The general process in Czech is (if I remember well):
- Application to appropriate Police Dept.for the intended groups (collector, hunter, self-defense, job etc.).
- PD will give you an exam test date.if you pass the initial background check.
- Exam has two parts, written (legal terms, gun terminology etc), practical test w/ pistol, shotgun and rifle (basic disassembly/assembly, safety steps, range shooting).
- Then usually follows psychological exam.
- Then final very deep background check.
- If you pass all of these (which you pay all separately and independently at each other), you get your gun permit.
- You can buy gun acc.to “specific purchase permit” ( which you buy from PD) and register the gun within 10 days from the day of purchase. But we are not limited with no.of purchase permits used during year, so if you have money, you can buy hundreds of guns if you have enough space for gun safes or gun dedicated safe room...

In certain cases you can buy also full-auto gun (with special reason, permit and PD has to approve it), but in such case, PD can visit and enter your house to check on the guns anytime without notice. In case of larger number of semi-autos, they can come for inspection (to check if you have all of them but one in gun-safe) after noticing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sorry for answering so late.

Thanks for warm welcome again.

Yes, gun law in Germany is getting worse after every incident with guns, anyway if its in Germany or the US.

We have here the "Green" Party ( some say they are inside red ), which tries to ban what is in private hands and shoots. Green party lies to the people about climate change, migrants ( they call them "Refugees" ) and guns. Problem is, they are mostly successful, and be copied by other parties in their targets. Germany is like a madhouse today.

Forbidden is aiming on man - like targets, owning rapid fire arms, next are maybe banned 25 round magazines for pistols and 20 rounds magazines for rifles. On ranges ( private, not military or law enforcement ) are today only 5 shot magazines allowed in rifles.

Bigbang tells right, and, you have to be member in a shooting club for a year, or a hunter, before you can think about buying a gun. As a sports shooter you are allowed to own three pistols or revolvers and two semiauto rifles. Thats all. If you are not regularly on the range and prove that, they visit you at home and take your guns, all of them. Same, if you drink and drive one time, or slap neighbours little brat in rage.

What they try in the US, we know in Germany since years. By the way, the number of illegal weapons in hands of thugs is not well known...

Reactions: bigbang

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Willkommen!

(I cheated with Google on the spelling, and my working vocabulary is limited to 'Ich weiß es nicht' and 'Das ist mein Anteil')

Glad to have you! Please share your projects!
Google translate is okay, I always appreciate people, who like German language. People from China say, German speech sounds like dog barking.

My projects... first off I have to learn more about my rifle, thanks this forum.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas

We have a nice Walther plant about 1 hr south of me in Fort Smith.

I was looking on Google " street view " on the computer from Holland to Germany and noticed that Street View is now allowed in most of germany (see picture). I guess germans like their privacy. ( their not secretly building Panzer tanks again are they?? LOL )

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Welcome from Arkansas

We have a nice Walther plant about 1 hr south of me in Fort Smith.

I was looking on Google " street view " on the computer from Holland to Germany and noticed that Street View is now allowed in most of germany (see picture). I guess germans like their privacy. ( their not secretly building Panzer tanks again are they?? LOL )
Hello Luigi,

In Germany you can let delete pictures from your house, if you not agree, that everyone in the world can see how you live. They call it Data Protection Act. In towns like Berlin, Munich, Hamburg and Frankfurt street view should work. And what you see, is old, mostly from 2008 to 2010.

Reactions: luigi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from northern Nevada Thomas! I'm new here also.
Stationed in Giessen (north of Frankfurt) 1960-63. Beautiful country and great beer. Enjoyed my time there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts