M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm very happy to have found this awesome forum.

I'm retired and now, I'm reservist in the French Marines MC1 like shooting instructor DISHOUT

I love the M14 and I've had two. One HR and one Norinco.

I would like to buy anothers and need the forum to learn all about this baby in his native country.FRG1

Thanks at all for your future help and sorry if I make some written mistakes in english. GI9

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum , and thanks to your service to your country !! no matter whom we served us veterans understand the same creed !!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It is a pleasure to welcome you as it proves the worldwide exposure this rifle has had. Have fun digging through the older posts as there is a seemingly endless wealth of info from so many knowledgeable members.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, Julien, don't worry about your written English it is very good. Some of us were born here and still don't do as well as you do. GI2GI2 I'm sure you will get all kinds of good ideas and information from the forums. Lots of good people here to answer questions also. It's good to have you with us, have fun.

-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for your warm welcome.

I've already started digging for technical, pics... and it's very interessant.

I'm looking for a recent bolt to finish my Norinco!!

My original project will be starting soon with USGI parts!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Welcome aboard, Julien! This a great place to learn and a fine group of people. Enjoy your stay FRG1

·
Registered
743 Posts
Welcome to the forum FNG.

I have friends in the South of France, they live near St. Tropez.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So what kind of gun control laws do you have in France? It seems like it is harder to legally own rifles like the M-14 in most european countries than it is here in the states.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello
It's not harder, but complicated.
If you want a M14 in original caliber, you need to ask an authorization 1, but no rafale.
The same but not in 308W, ask an authorization 4, idem.
The same but not inj 308w, not a M14 (a Norinco) manual repetition, just buy and to fill in form a govt paper.

This law is changing during these weeks. But we don't know the accurate direction....... the old europ has old mind......

·
Registered
8 Posts
So what kind of gun control laws do you have in France? It seems like it is harder to legally own rifles like the M-14 in most european countries than it is here in the states.
There are huge differences inbetween the european countries. AFAIK there is no european country where you just walk into a gun store and buy a gun only by providing ID though.

Nonetheless in some countries, like mine, there is no big restriction in terms of what you can own. You can own as many firearms as you wish and you are allowed to own Full auto guns.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
..first things first...

Bon jour, Mon Ami!

Glad to have you aboard. And thank the French nation for a magnificent man for a young America: Gilbert du Motier.

A remarkable freedom-loving man of the world. The more I read about him, the more astounded I am. To have left a young wife and son to fight for our freedom. Severely wounded and tested in battle many times. A loving friend of our Gen. Washington.

marquis de Lafayette

1 - 18 of 18 Posts