M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, Folks.
New to rifles, I took my time shopping last Fall. Thot I wanted a Mini 14 like my brother in law. Didn’t take to the AR15. Just felt too plasticky.

Looked at the AR10s, and then pow - what are those? A pair of M1As on the rack.

Went home, took a deep internet dive. Oh, baby. Found this lightly used Precision with monopod, bi-pod, Vortex Viper scope, and bracket for $2000. Seemed more than fair so I took her home.

First day at the range today. What a kick ass rifle. Great feel, great shooting, and shoving rounds down thru strippers is a blast.

Can’t wait to shoot it with my brother in law. Haha.

All best to everyone. 🤠

F5FFDA98-D3CD-4B6C-B53F-9D769144DF03.jpeg

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Welcome on board Kopper, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great week ahead neighbor. Thanks for the picture and range report.

XXIV Corps

Reactions: Kopper

·
Premium Member
17,498 Posts
Welcome. Great way to start your new hobby.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Greetings from another Centennial State citizen! Looks like a neat set-up you have, and I hope it serves you well. I'm also a bit envious that your range is melted out enough to shoot ;-)

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Welcome from Pine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Greetings from another Centennial State citizen! Looks like a neat set-up you have, and I hope it serves you well. I'm also a bit envious that your range is melted out enough to shoot ;-)
First chance I had. Last week was this.
C7032D9E-A77E-4D35-8F23-BACBBE2C816C.jpeg

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
The snow is just starting to melt here in Pine-ish. I'm just south of Staunton Park. I've got a couple of ranges on my place but they're not all thawed yet. Makes policing brass a challenge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts