M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi, I've been shooting for years and just purchased my first M1A Scout. Looking forward to learning all I can from you guys, these rifles are very new to me.

·
Administrator
17,179 Posts
Welcome on board David, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
473 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. My first was a Scout, too. This is a great place to learn and exchange info on our rifles.

Shoot and enjoy
ranger7gt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone, I'll be asking a lot of questions, first thing is getting these mag to insert into the mag well freely.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
having trouble with the magazines? who makes them?
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

The mags I have are made by Check-Mate, I have been reading a lot about the problems others are having with the same issue. Also the rifle is still very new, maybe 25 rounds ran through it. I was at the range sighting it in and had a "double tap" with it, Got some really strange looks at the range. I have purchased new brass, mil spec primers and this weekend I will be reloading more ammo for it between tying flies.

I think I just need too get every thing broke in. going to take things one step at a time. The first step, I would think would just be just inserting and removing the mags I have.

I am open for more suggestions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts