M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was referred to this website from SnipersHide, and I'm very glad to have stumbled across this forum. I've been lurking for about a month or so, and now just registered after picking up my first (i already want other models) SAI M1A NM. The CA 10-day cool-down period was painful, and this forum kept me inspired, so thank you.

I admit, after reading through old posts and a few internet searches, I came across conflicting info with whether or not to field strip the rifle prior to initial firing. I've never owned anything that I didn't disassemble completely, inspect, and lubricate prior to my first firing. I just called SAI and they said the rifles come out the box ready to go. Wipe down any excess packing grease, add a touch of fresh stuff where possible without breaking out the barreled action or trigger group, and start having fun. Hopefully that sounds accurate to this audience as well. I'm also open to pointers about how to best field strip without ruining the factory bedding, at least until I get enough rounds through to start thinking about a new and possibly better bedding job.

I look forward to participating in this community, and hope to see more m14's out at the range!

Mike

·
Administrator
17,752 Posts
Now you have made a worthwhile decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often Mike. We will be looking for that Range report soon with pictures.

XXIV Corps

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,030 Posts
Welcome from 29 Palms!

I wouldn't take it apart, you can grease most points without taking the trigger group out or the action out of the stock. The trigger group will be difficult to get out so I would leave it for now.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have not taken my NM out the stock, I listen to the guys here and have had no trouble with the rifle at all. Cleaning and lubing is easy enough. Enjoy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts