M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello To All;

Just picked this M1A w/chrome barrel couldn't pass it up for the price build date 1997. broke it down & its very clean. Just a few questions how many were built with the chrome barrel, and why is the trigger assembly numbered different than the serial # on the rifle? The bad after 20 + years he tossed the box & all the manuals. Now I will be looking for a bipod & scope.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,200 Posts
Now you have made a great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you can post often The Bavarian Man. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Welcome from the So CA desert

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Welcome from Southeast Texas.

The number on the trigger group is the part number of the trigger housing.

Parts were not "serialized" to the rifle.

The barrel, I believe, is a National Match (NM) stainless steel barrel and pretty common.

Others may be along soon with more information.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Looks like you have a loaded model. I think they came out around the time. I have a standard dated '95, bought in ,'96. I don't recall seeing a loaded model in their catalogue then. The barrel is stainless. Don't know if it's a Wilson or Douglas. -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts