M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a great place, I should have looked for it years ago. Still, I'm here now and went looking for it when I ran into an unexpected problem.

Ok, here's the deal. I have this M1A "Loaded" model I'm trying to sell. I got it in 2001 and just never got it out to the range. If I didn't have to get my car fixed I wouldn't sell, but that's life. Anyway, I haven't taken the thing apart for a long time. I took it down gave it a good inspection/cleaning and now I'm putting it back together. Here's my stupid and embarrassing question:

How do I get the bolt back in? I remember how I did it before, just like it says in the manual, but the thing just won't go. Have I forgotten something? The manual says "turn the bolt clockwise slightly until the firing pin clears the bridge." Problem is that never happens. Where am I going wrong? Is this God joining the chorus of "DON'T DO IT" with my friends/coshooters? Or have I just become an idiot in my old age?

·
Banned
336 Posts
the bolt needs

to be at a angle and you match the thingey hanging from the bottom of the bolt to the slot you see in the receiver,a little movement back and forth and she should go in-think elevateBLUESDEVIL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's what I thought, what I'm seeing in the manual, and what I remember, but it's not working!GI9

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, NickM1, your question would be better answered in the "Firing Line" forum as that is the place for M1A/M14 questions. I can put "your" post in there or you can do it. You can PM me if you want me to do it. I am sure you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

Here's your post:

http://www.m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=67876
-

·
"Death From Above"
11,253 Posts
Welcome aboard. Keep trying you will get it in. I had the same problem first time I took My m1 carbine apart.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Hard to describe over the keyboard..just keep at it and suddenly the lights come on GI8
Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
It helps a lot to install it with the stock off, and looking up through the back/underside of the receiver. You can see what little notches and things it has to go into better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts