M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps the best way to reveal what I'm about is to speak briefly on what I'm currently up to, ask a few questions, and make a few requests (if I dare). Unfortunately, I'm probably more needy than helpful, and won't have much experience to draw from, but am delighted to participate as part of this community nonetheless. That said, Diana, over at LRB, speaks highly of you guys, and has assured me of your genuine, amicable natures.

To begin, after having been bitten by the M14 bug two months ago, I have been gathering parts steadily with a singular idea in mind, namely--to build a rifle that both honors its original iterations and improves its functions, thereby honoring the many enthusiasts, machinists, and engineers that have worked to preserve the good name of this august firearm.

I suppose that's enough ingratiation for now. Truly, it is my nature to be fastidious and even a little obsessive when it comes to quality, and though I am no match shooter, I am often drawn to its precision and quality. While LRB will be responsible for some of the rifle's assembly, here is a brief list of the components I have acquired, or have ordered thus far (comments, thoughts, critiques, suggestions are all welcome):

• Krieger - 22" Medium Weight SS Barrel 1:11 twist
  • LRB Forged standard receiver
  • Sadlak TiN coated gas piston non-notched (BACKORDERED; let me know if you have one you'd like to sell!)
  • Bula forged trigger housing
  • Shooting Sight RPS Trigger and NM Speed-hammer assembly
  • Walnut Stock (Excellent) courtesy of TreelineM14 (I will be doing the refinishing with R. Gale Lock Co. "Early American Walnut" stain and 100% Tung Oil).
*All parts not included in the above list will be supplied by LRB in accordance with their "Vietnam Era" build.

Well, thanks for reading. Any other part recommendations would be helpful as well. Here's to learning much from my fellow enthusiasts!

Be well,

R.T.

·
Administrator
17,947 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often RT.

XXIV Corps

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, tell us where you are located.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome, and I would look at a Smith Enterprise Warfighter gas system

·
Registered
861 Posts
Perhaps the best way to reveal what I'm about is to speak briefly on what I'm currently up to, ask a few questions, and make a few requests (if I dare). Unfortunately, I'm probably more needy than helpful, and won't have much experience to draw from, but am delighted to participate as part of this community nonetheless. That said, Diana, over at LRB, speaks highly of you guys, and has assured me of your genuine, amicable natures.

To begin, after having been bitten by the M14 bug two months ago, I have been gathering parts steadily with a singular idea in mind, namely--to build a rifle that both honors its original iterations and improves its functions, thereby honoring the many enthusiasts, machinists, and engineers that have worked to preserve the good name of this august firearm.

I suppose that's enough ingratiation for now. Truly, it is my nature to be fastidious and even a little obsessive when it comes to quality, and though I am no match shooter, I am often drawn to its precision and quality. While LRB will be responsible for some of the rifle's assembly, here is a brief list of the components I have acquired, or have ordered thus far (comments, thoughts, critiques, suggestions are all welcome):

• Krieger - 22" Medium Weight SS Barrel 1:11 twist
  • LRB Forged standard receiver
  • Sadlak TiN coated gas piston non-notched (BACKORDERED; let me know if you have one you'd like to sell!)
  • Bula forged trigger housing
  • Shooting Sight RPS Trigger and NM Speed-hammer assembly
  • Walnut Stock (Excellent) courtesy of TreelineM14 (I will be doing the refinishing with R. Gale Lock Co. "Early American Walnut" stain and 100% Tung Oil).
*All parts not included in the above list will be supplied by LRB in accordance with their "Vietnam Era" build.

Well, thanks for reading. Any other part recommendations would be helpful as well. Here's to learning much from my fellow enthusiasts!

Be well,

R.T.
Welcome from central wisc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome, and I would look at a Smith Enterprise Warfighter gas system
I’m asking LRB to unitize my gas system. If I purchased the Warfighter system, I would be curious if this might be a problem. I’ll call them to find out perhaps. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else on board with this gas system or have any other ideas?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome to the forum .. Plenty of good expert peeps here to answer tech questions about one of our favorite Rifle's.
Enjoy and be thankful you don't live in the Nazi State of NJ as I do. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum .. Plenty of good expert peeps here to answer tech questions about one of our favorite Rifle's.
Gosh, no kidd’n. I’ve always thought WA. was bad, but perhaps I shouldn't complain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts