M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hoping somebody could help me out with this question. I have a Springfield M1A built in late 1995/early 1996. It is a standard model with a walnut stock. I wanted to purchase a new unfinished walnut stock from Fulton Armory. They sell the walnut stocks in three different weights? Lightweight, Medium weight and Heavy weight. Can anyone tell me what weight walnut stock I should get? I would like to stay consistent with what the gun came with. I have no Idea what weight classification my original walnut stock from the factory is considered. Thanks in advance.

Ed in California

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just looked at them on Fulton's site. Looks like they refer to the light weight as GI contour. I would assume that is what would be on a standard M1A.GI1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply 73C40, I was thinking it was either lightweight or medium weight. I was told the Heavy weight stock is for match grade. So I am assuming it would be safe to say the Medium is for a loaded M1A, making the Standard M1A the lightweight stock. Just a guess...

Thanks again,
Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.