M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my very first (but hopefully not my last) M1A, a Loaded model. I will be shooting it for the first time tomorrow, but I thought I should ask if there is a "best way" to break in the barrel as to not affect or degrade overall accuracy.
It is definitely the heavy barrel, not the medium contour. I thought these barrels were only on NM or SM rifles, but I have heard that SA sometimes pieces things together. Is it possible that this barrel is actually an upgraded part not normally installed on the Loaded models?

Thanks in advance!

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,167 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

You might have seen this or not...either way it is one way to break in any barrel. Others may have other methods but this is one way to do it.

Break In & Cleaning
+1 as too this type of thinking.
Others take time on the range to follow the break-in from the manufacture.DI5

A search here will show that this subject has come-up before over the years with the two different camps over all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.