M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My three M-1As from the 1980s are set up for over the course. The problem is, I don't shoot Hi-Power any more. All three have Glenn Nelson's heavy profile Douglass barrels installed. With the big baseball size match stocks, each gun packs a lot of weight. I'm considering pulling one of the heavy barrels and installing a standard profile non chrome Criterion and glassing into a GI fiberglass stock to make one of the guns more portable.

Any thoughts on these barrels? Thanks

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My three M-1As from the 1980s are set up for over the course. The problem is, I don't shoot Hi-Power any more. All three have Glenn Nelson's heavy profile Douglass barrels installed. With the big baseball size match stocks, each gun packs a lot of weight. I'm considering pulling one of the heavy barrels and installing a standard profile non chrome Criterion and glassing into a GI fiberglass stock to make one of the guns more portable.

Any thoughts on these barrels? Thanks
Criterion is a sister company of Krieger. Criterions make some of the best barrels out there and most people use them for standard "no thrills" builds. They aren't as good as Krieger, but they are chrome lined and about $150 cheaper.

You aren't going to go wrong with criterion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts