M14 Forum banner

Heads up re: Brownells barrel vise and bushings kit

4075 6
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up so nobody makes the same mistake I did...

If you are ordering a Brownells barrel vise and want the bushings to work with M1A/M14 pattern rifles DO NOT order the kit...Get your barrel vise and bushing kit separately.

If you order the vise and bushing kit together, you only get two bushings. A large and a small. Even though they advertise it as M1A/M14 kit, it is not compatible.

It will work with an M1 Garand, however any M1A/M14 barrel requires two LARGE bushings.

If you order the bushing kit separately, it actually comes with three bushings instead of two...Two large ones and the small one.

Nope, they aren't selling me another large bushing separately. I would have to buy another 3 bushing kit, according to gun tech and customer service lines.
Reactions: ProdigalSun
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
2,520 Posts
Your luck sounds like mine. I bought mine and use wood , red oak bushings, then walk out to a pine tree, and scrape the resin that is bleeding off it for bite power. Works like a charm. After three barrel or so, just cut out another set of them, wood is cheap.

· Banned
2,520 Posts
Thanks Ripsaw! Thats a great idea. Never would have thought of it if you hadn't brought it up.

I am gonna have a machinist in town hog out the small M1 Garand bushing to match the other one tomorrow, and just make Garand ones out of wood, maybe.
You are very welcome Sir, my need arose out of necessity and things handy at the time. I live too far out in the woods to drop everything and run to town. That pine tar will grab the heck out of it, and cleans up easily with a gasoline wrag....That's a good idea to hull out the ones you have,....see, you are getting it already, good job !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.