M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thanks, hopefully not too good to be true but will see. I know what you mean about it being a good deal in this climate.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up…clarify what is in a kit if you are a purchaser.

CMP sold 'kits' that were missing the bolt/guts, receiver and barrel, or a kit that was missing bolt/guts, receiver, barrel and gas cyl/piston.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I included questions about the barrel in my e-mail last night. We will see what the answer is but if I was a betting man I would say that Cass is right.

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
I read it several times and it states everything except receiver, full auto parts and mags. So yes it should come with barrel. My concern would be condition of parts which at this price would have to be a big question mark.

If you guys who bought would post pictures and let the rest know the condition, that would be great.

I have a feeling these are well used parts.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also would assume that any part that does not list a condition is used as well, it is a 50 year old platform after all.

I honestly prefer well-used parts (not abused or altered). But I shoot the rifles I have built.

CMP kits without bolt/bolt guts and barrels last sold for 600 when last available. Condition of these kits varied. So…each person should determine their own 'value' of the kit.

I would like to see what you get.

As a side note I bought a CMP kit last year from an individual who did not want to complete their build and it was some of the prettiest parts I have seen-looked like it was off one rifle-all gray green.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have bought items from Anthony on the CMP forum before. The deals were solid. He prices his stuff to move. If you snooze, you lose.

If I wasn't sitting on 2 kits, I would have jumped on these.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Clemenza is a Stand up Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts