M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look correct? I wanted to check with you guys before a drilled into my stock. If this were a real M14, what is the correct position for the selector to be in for semi-automatic and for full-automatic fire.

Thanks,
MGOOD

took the liberty of cropping and resizing your pic as exceeded the board limits of 400 pixels in width. The R.O.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll give this a go-please feel free to correct me if I'm in error guys.

The "A" on switch will be to the rear with the "ear" up for automatic firing. When turned 180 degrees from this position, it will be semiauto fire.

I believe the connector will have a small gap between it and the oprod groove, when set for semiauto fire. When the selector is positioned for automatic fire, the two will make contact. Sparrowhawk warns to be sure there is some space when it is all tightened down to be sure the rifle will function normally. Try to set it up so there is a slight gap. FWIW-thats how I set mine up. A little grease on the connector contact surfaces really completes the look :mrgreen: (You may have to pull the oprod back slightly when assembling the receiver group into the stock.)

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
The switch for full auto has the A facing the rear so the shooter can visibly see that it is in auto. The switch has to be in a vertical position for this. Also, the switch will turn 360 degrees with a little pressure. This in no way will effect to position of the oprod or connector. The connector is able to move slightly back and forth. This helps in the event that the bracket is screwed in a little too far to the rear. However, when the sear release is straight up and down there should be a small space between the connector and the oprod. All parts have been "demilled" and modified so that they cannot be made to effect the operation of the rifle. The only part that should need fitting is the forward section of the connector.

You can view a complete guide to the installation on my site courtesy of DigHawaii from the board: Installation Guide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.