M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I received the PELE stock from Skwidvishus the other day and it was incredibly well done!!! I took a receiver out of its wood stock in a flash to see what it would look like on one of my rifles...

What do you think?

The major problem I had, was how to shoot this beautiful stock! I think an all black background would have been the best with subtle lighting... these did not come out that good but I assure you I am "stoked". In my hands it simply beautiful...

This will not get out on the range and will adorn my office! :lol: Thanks again Skwid... Job WELL DONE!!!

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got a digital C. for Christmas. Learning curve ahead.
How 'bout suspending it above black lava to add contrast?
That is a stock I could look at for some time. I'd take it to the range and forget what I came there to do. Nice!

Edit; Oh, better yet black sand beach Was it Kaanapala that Pele 'took'?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
TOM THAT IS AS COOL AS IT GETS MAN HOW DO YOU DO IT 8) . I HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD SON AND 3 YEAR OLD GIRL THERE WANTS COME BEFORE MINE. MAN I HAVE TO DO A SIDE JOB OR TWO FOR MY HOBBY. :cry:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Definitely HOT Tom! Sorry couldn't resist. I saw this one in person before it made the cross country journey to you. It's a great piece of art. Enjoy it and show it off.
BT

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aloha...

I thought this stock to be a unique addition to the slowly growing collection...

And Thank You for the kind compliments!!! I am the very happy recipient, but all the credit goes to Skwid... having lived in Hawaii for a time, he thought PELE would be entirely appropriate for me...

BT: You gotta tell Skwid to drop the paint and check the post out... hehehe... :lol:

Aloha and Happy Holidays,

Tom O.

·
Registered
720 Posts
BT: You gotta tell Skwid to drop the paint and check the post out... hehehe...
I mentioned your post to him this very morning. I'll prompt him again. He enjoys the Christmas season very much, I think he's spending all his time spreading holiday cheer. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forgive me

Dig,
Sorry I have not responded in a more timely manner. Tis the season to be extremely swamped. (Lots of Custom airbrushed T-shirts and License Plates this time of year. I'm working on a couple designs for you guys as well.) Just not enough time in one 24 hour day... :lol:( How are they progressing on that cloning deal? I could use a few extra "Me's") :lol:
Your kind words are encouraging and truly appreciated. The truth is, I absolutely love to paint these things for you fine people. I am absolutely thrilled that my work is so well recieved and that all of my customers are well pleased with their stocks. I stand ready to serve...who's next?
JF Willis
skwidVishus
[email protected]
PS Should have more pics to post in the BX very shortly.
QUESTION: Can I post the pics here, in this forum, as well?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aloha Skwid...

Glad you decided to take a "breather"!!! I can only imagine how busy you are with all of these Christmas orders... now, I do have a black Formula that could use some custom paint.... hehehe... nah, I will wait for another day for that!!!

But hey, in response to Turq. I decided to make a Hawaiian PELE picture and this is what it looks like so far....

I have it posted in the Photo Palace section... but wanted to show it here as well. I hope folks like it... Even the Goddess of Fire likes here M14!

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Tom O.

·
Registered
340 Posts
TomO, Skwid has done it again!

The Pele is vary appropriate for Hawaii as is the Copperhead for the rock ridges of Arkansas.

Can hardly put them down long enough to get the work done.

TomR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! Hawaii,
Photoshop? You are very talented, yourself! Excellent job!!! Pele never looked more beautiful...y'know, for a firey red-head. :lol:
I think she might have a bit of Scottish blood in her! Kiss the Wahinni for me, eh? 8O
JF Willis
Mele Kalikimaka, brah.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Skwid,

I only talk nice to Pele... I scared she going volcano my house like those in Kalapana. But you know us, brah, we only make nice to the Wahines...
:lol:

That is about the best pidgin I could muster... :lol:

I do use Photoshop and Corel Paint... whichever does the task easier... :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tom,
That picture with your new stock is nothing less that fabulus. You never cease to amaze me with your talents

SkwidVishus,
Have you worked out a design with Old Glory on a stock?

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
14 Posts
SkwidVishus,
Have you worked out a design with Old Glory on a stock?
Not yet, but I sincerely want to. The truth is, I've so many design ideas cooking right now and I've only got three or four blanks left. I can see the design in my head, man, that looks good.. :lol:
Thanks,
JF Willis
PS Did you see Hawaii's Christmas gift post to us all? Is that cool or what? I think he's got more talent than he's letting us know about.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.