M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a hydrographic on a m14 stock? I have a few patterns in mind but don't know how much one should be charged and how well it will turn out. A guy said he does them for $125GI3

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,406 Posts
Prices vary greatly, you can find it done cheaper but you pay shipping and handling. That's about the price I was quoted to have a USGI fiberglass stock done, but the guys I was going to do it are at the gun show so I can drop it off and only pay shipping back to me.
m14brian

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was quoted $100 for stock, $25 for hand guard, and $25 for cheek riser, and the guy said he'd do a magazine for free. So...he quoted me $150.

I then went to brownells and ordered $25 worth of Aervoe.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I was quoted $100 for stock, $25 for hand guard, and $25 for cheek riser, and the guy said he'd do a magazine for free. So...he quoted me $150.

I then went to brownells and ordered $25 worth of Aervoe.
What is Aervoe? I have not heard of that one. I too am wanting to get a 14 stock dipped.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I dont know much about hydrodipping, but another deciding factor was that the company who I contacted (very reputable) said they don't do Multicam or ATACS because the films are very thin in comparison to others.

I was looking specifically for ATACS but will be attempting to get similar results from paint.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know, not an M14, this is my Norinco 320 Uzi beater. Did it my self at home using a kit from "Dip Wizard", $99.00. Pattern is ATACS AU. Did the receiver twice, otherwise I would be able to do two guns with the kit.
Technique to get professional results requires practice but it can be done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts