M14 Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
if someone doesn't like it that's their loss. personally, when I take mine to the range I get a lot of complements. I have however have been asked why I like it and if I have problems with it. I never have with the action / operation but for some reason the scope mounts always loosen up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree with you. I think alot of people believe that since the M1A is "old" it can't be made into an accurate rifle. I have about $450+ in add ons to mine and I can get sub MOA with reloads if I'm on my game.
Sub MOA? I've spent a fortune on my Clint Fowler SA/Kreiger build and tuning reloads and the best I can get is inside a 3" shoot-n-c at 200 yds. I get sub-moa with my bolt 300 mag, RR x-1 and my ARs, but NOT my SA M1A. Tell me your secrete o'le great one!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sub MOA? I've spent a fortune on my Clint Fowler SA/Kreiger build and tuning reloads and the best I can get is inside a 3" shoot-n-c at 200 yds. I get sub-moa with my bolt 300 mag, RR x-1 and my ARs, but NOT my SA M1A. Tell me your secrete o'le great one!
Its a bummer that you have trouble getting your rifle to shoot tighter groups. When I first started into this addiction i was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get good accuracy. from my Springfield M1A NM

·
Registered
356 Posts
Its a bummer that you have trouble getting your rifle to shoot tighter groups. When I first started into this addiction i was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get good accuracy. from my Springfield M1A NM
My groups are all 5 shot rapid fire. I don't cool barrel. You don't in combat either. My RR shoots much more accurate, but I'd expect it to!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My groups are all 5 shot rapid fire. I don't cool barrel. You don't in combat either. My RR shoots much more accurate, but I'd expect it to!
I think I need to qualify my post. Since my shooting is all either prone supported or sitting supported. I was speaking specifically to the rifle itself. There is no doubt in my mind that if I was shooting unsupported or in a combat situation I would be very lucky to have sub 4 moa.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is a question I would like to hear your guys opinion on, as lately even on older videos on youtube and articles across the web I've noticed an increase in people who seem all to happy to express their hate for the M14 platform. Whether these people themselves have ever had trigger time behind an M1A/M14 is up for question. But it seems to be a topic sharply divided into two camps, people who absolutely love the rifle and people who absolutely hate it for one reason or another. I love my M1A but I also love my AR15 and consider the two as equal rifle systems. I would like to hear what you guys think on this matter?
I love the rifle, BUT, at the same time, I do not discuss scoped M14 rifles, or weird versions like these military "designated slightly better shooters" use.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

201 - 210 of 210 Posts