M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a Hart barrel in I purchased lightly used with around 600 claimed rounds through it. I cleaned it and scoped it. It is a thing of beauty inside. I can hardly make out any tool marks, but I am still learning how to use this bore scope. It is a 5 groove left hand twist barrel 1 in 10'' twist, nitrited, 2x cryo treated. I cant wait to twist it on to try it out. I will follow up once I try it out.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! Cleaning a left hand twist barrel can be frustrating. Brush kept turning loose. I finally got pliers to tighten rod attachments tightly.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Back in the 1980's, Hart barrels were an option in the M1A Super Match rifle.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back in the 1980's, Hart barrels were an option in the M1A Super Match rifle.
The one I have was made by Hart for SEI, is engraved HART/SEI on the side. I am not sure why they ordered left hand twist, maybe just more of a why not? to be different?
I did not know SAI offered Hart barrels in the past. What other barrels have they offered through the years besides Douglas, Krieger, and Hart?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have that same barrel on one of my rifles. I absolutely love it. I really wish I could get a Similar barrel in the 18 inch gi weight profile for my scout. I'm building a custom fiberglass stock for the rifle as we speak.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I am not sure why they ordered left hand twist, maybe just more of a why not? to be different?
Probably intended to be shipped to the southern hemisphere

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
I have had and still have several Hart Barrels. I have a 1:11 twist on one of my M1As an it shoots very well.
At one time Hart barrels were the standard...would see lots of them on the bench rest line and the line at Camp Perry ..(bolt guns and gas guns) .. do not hear much about them these days.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few exterior pics Forceman. If you want any specific detail in a pic just let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts