M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There - thought I would ask the experts - hope you don't mind.

Which model (leg length) is the best to get for my M!A? I'll be shooting mostly from a bench or prone.

Should I get the bipod that tips or the one that is rigid?

Most Important 8O 8O 8O Where is the cheapest and best place to get one?

I've already got the M2 bipod. I bought it from SA with my coupon.

Got to get things ready for the arrival of my Whamo-Camo "Renegade".

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Duckbuck!

Renegade, eh? Awesome!

The BR is 6-9" and the L is 9-13" for all practical purposes and all around, I would go for the L series (9 and 13" extended). Since you would never know what kind of terrain you might be on if shooting prone, you might want to consider "S" series of Harris bipods. They swivel and then can be locked in place when you get your rifle perfectly level. A handy and neat item is a lever that they sell after market for the S series of bipod, and makes locking the S type bipod swift and easy (saw it in Brownells)! The S type bipods are usually about $20-$30 more than the standard bipod.

The L should also work off the bench with no problem with the legs at 9".

The cheapest I have seen the Harris bipods go for (L series S type) is about $70-$80 from a variety of places. I think Midway would be around that range... also a place called Ron Shirk(spl?), saw it in SGN.

I have about 5-6 in 1ABR and 2 in L series. I haven't needed the S type because I normally shoot from level ground or will use the leg locks to adjust (which is also an option for you). But Harris makes a good bipod and they last a loooooong time. Don't forget to shoot oil at them periodically, or they may rust!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
I use the BR 1A2 6-9 on all my M1A's. In fact,I need a 3rd one for the 3rd M1A I just bought.

I pay $55.00 at the Reliant gunshow here.If ya can't find one for less than $60.00 let me know and I could do something for ya. :wink:

warbird out

·
Registered
846 Posts
you really want hte bipods with the leg notches. it cannot fall unexpectedly. the spring tensions ones can and eventually will fall on you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.