M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wishing all you dads out there a Happy Fathers day!, my daughter and her fiancé brought me up a 9lb pork butt to smoke, so much for relaxing. Enjoy your day gentlemen!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pappy1600 perhaps maybe your Daughter will take the lead and let you advise in cooking the days Feast, or not. Be Happy that you have Family that is willing to share the days happiness.

Happy Fathers Day!

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
This father's day will be the first with out Dad, he died last Sunday, we buried him yesterday with full military honors. My youngest is in Texas preparing to ship to Europe, with the rest of his unit.

Happy Fathers Day

REN

·
Administrator
17,190 Posts
Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers here.

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
887 Posts
My Father:

Born 1918 in Hungary. Sent to USA alone at age 17 to avoid Nazi persecution. Lived with an uncle. Changed his name and became a baptized Christian. Served in WW-II (N. Africa, Italy, Southern France) helped liberate two Czech concentration camps. Went to medical school on the GI Biil. Practiced pediatric medicine in a small college town in Michigan for 30 years. Married with two kids and a dog. Died too soon at age 74.

We all love you Dad.

·
Registered
759 Posts
This father's day will be the first with out Dad, he died last Sunday, we buried him yesterday with full military honors. My youngest is in Texas preparing to ship to Europe, with the rest of his unit.

Happy Fathers Day

REN
Ren sorry about the passing of your father. Remember the good times. I lost my dad in 2005 to Alzheimer's after struggling with it for about 2 years. Best of luck for your son's deployment.
Scout

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Ren,
Condolences on your Dad passing.
Unfortunately there are more firsts to come.
First Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first birthday without your Dad.
My Dad passed in 2014, things have gotten a little easier as time passes.
You'll begin to see more of your Dad in yourself as time goes by and when you're doing something, you'll stop and remember, "Dad taught me how to do this".
Father's Day and all the other occasions will take on a different meaning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts