M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The entire Staff wish everyone a great 4th of July and a safe weekend.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Thanks, XXIV Corps and to the mod crew as well, let me tell you, it was an amazing 4th of July here in Oakland....

The Independence Day celebration in Oakland, CA typically starts 7-10 days before the 4th of July, this year with the Controlvirus lock-down it started 3-weeks before the day, a gradual build leading to a crescendo of illegal fireworks from 9;00 PM to 5:00 AM July 5th. It was intense this year, Mrs. Mac and I have lived 1000-feet above Oakland for 21-years, we've never seen a 4th like this year's celebration before. The illegal fireworks were pouring into the State, typically the Chinatown's in the cities is where you can easily find them, but this year they were everywhere, so much so that reports of Cal DOJ law enforcement checking cars for illegal fireworks at the 'Agricultural Check' stations on the boarder of the major freeways coming into the State were heard on CalGuns.Net (CGN) a week before the 4th...Also, reports of drones being used by law enforcement to track the illegal use of aerial fireworks were also reported on CGN. In the major cities there were no legal municipality firework displays, this, I believe, lead to the overwhelming illegal display, the lock-down just exasperated it and the supply/demand Folks lit the fuse...Personally, I enjoyed the show not just for the fireworks themselves, but for the show of defiance by my fellow Americans, Viva la Independence, may it live long and strong in our hearts.

While Mrs. Mac and I did not participate I took a video and got a few pictures, here's one of each, be sure to turn up the sound on the video...

Mac

Time-lapse of Oakland looking east at apx. 9:20 PM July 4th

·
Resident Rascal
13,421 Posts
MeatyMac, that looks fantastic! I'm glad to see the rebel spirit is still alive.

Reactions: MeatyMac

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love to watch all the outlaws in New Mexico as well when we lived there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's an amazing video Mac!!!! It kind of reminds me of watching news video of the bombing of Bagdad during the Gulf War. Thanks for sharing. There was nothing even close to that anywhere in Alaska. If there was Alaska would probably be on fire right now :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's kinda funny, years ago I lived in Hayward, almost next door and you had a hard time setting off one of those two second sparklers without getting fined !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts