M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's my birthday today and the US. Army's! As a former soldier, and flag day guy I have some trivia....On 14 June 1775, Congress authorized an army to be formed of 10 companies of "expert riflemen" of light infantry mainly to deal with the English siege at Boston. Too bad our guys did not have M14's....the war would have ended much sooner. On 14 June 1777 the stars and stripes were adopted as the flag of the United States of America.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,165 Posts
Men & Women of the United State Army,

Happy 236th Birthday, on this day back in 1775, the United States Army was founded. We are all with you on this special day wherever you are in the world, as well the rest of the year. Thank you all, for all you have given this country for more than two Centuries.GI2

Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Happy birthday, Army!

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
And for you guys that are still serving, big thanks to GEN Dempsey for giving us our patrol caps back (and putting the black beret in the "occasional use" column.

:massivethumbsup:
Amen to that brother.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.