M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks-

So, I just went downtown to my local GS and in walks 2 Deputy's with 12 early, A2 style XM15-E2S rifles. I had trained with these
two Deputy's back in 19' during Florida Guardian Program for active shooters in schools.
So, I grabbed one for myself, which all 12 were in excellent plus shape, only carried in cruisers. Apparently,
one Deputy told me the dept is going with new Diamondback rifles, that the budget needed to be spent.
I have owned many, and currently own many Colts, but never a Bushmaster. This rifle using a USGI bore
gauge measures near new.
How were these older models? It appears to be a quality rifle. The serial number is an early "L" series.
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have me one of those, got it late 90's or early 00's purchase, #L165xxx. I had ordered it with birdcage, but got the door breech muzzle device. It runs wells, good rifle.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We specifically ordered BM rifles for our use in the Nuclear Security world because BM would build them the way we wanted them, A1 uppers, (keeps troops from Effing with the wheels on the sights , screwing up zero) and carbine barrels etc. Colt told us to take what they gave us. We walked. We had some minor issues with carrier key screws, a couple broken bolts, but in the 700 or so rifles we bought really few problems. Personally I have 2 real M4 Post sample BM rifles, and they have been shot a lot. I carried these two for work. the top gun has had the barrel replaced, but otherwise still stock. So I would say good rifles. I have half a dozen COLT ARs as well as 3 COLT M16s flavors. I find the BM rifles to be as good, but that is just based on my experience using them.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Check your recoil buffer to see if it has a pinned buffer plug in it and not just a press fit plug. It's good to be aware of since they can back out more easily if not pinned.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check your recoil buffer to see if it has a pinned buffer plug in it and not just a press fit plug. It's good to be aware of since they can back out more easily if not pinned.
brianns,

It is pinned. Thank you sir for the info.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We sprcifically ordered BM rifles for our use in the Nuclear Security world because BM would build them the way we wanted them, A1 uppers, (keeps troops from Effing with the wheels on the sights , screwing up zero) and carbine barrels etc. Colt told us to take what they gave us. We walked. We had some minor issues with carrier key screws, a couple broken bolts, but in the 700 or so rifles we bought really few problems. Personally I have 2 real M4 Post sample BM rifles, and they have been shot a lot. I carried these two for work. the top gun has had the barrel replaced, but otherwise still stock. So I would say good rifles. I have half a dozen COLT ARs as well as 3 COLT M16s flavors. I find the BM rifles to be as good, but that is just based on my experience using them. View attachment 452221

View attachment 452222

Thank you sir for your reply as well.
Comparing this XM to my Colt SP1's and 6920's, I see similar quality in the machining of components.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice rifle. I want one. That or an XM.

Are Diamondback ARs pretty decent? They seem price well.
After speaking with my buddy, an EOD
Sgt for the same county, he says the dept should have kept the early Bushmasters over the new Diamondbacks. Ive never handled a Diamondback and the reviews are “ok”.
Furthermore, this XM 15 screams quality. There were at least several left if you want one. PM me and Ill fwd the info.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,530 Posts
Those are sweet, Bushmasters were desirable. I wanted one too but I'll have to settle for building an upper like it.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hello, From the wording of your title.
I thought the rifles came out of the evidence locker..... There's a fine line between the cops and the robbers with the ones I've know. Even my brother is in that grouping. Everyone needs a drop piece....

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello, From the wording of your title.
I thought the rifles came out of the evidence locker..... There's a fine line between the cops and the robbers with the ones I've know. Even my brother is in that grouping. Everyone needs a drop piece....
No, all LEO trade ins as they're updating to new platform rifles.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Folks-

I posted in the Bargains section the link to my local GS who has these. I believe there are 9/10 available.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Gave them a call around 11 this morning after having a chat with Tommy. Super slick customer service. I told them "Tommy sent me." The owner picked out a clean example from the lot and I have a tracking number in less than 3 hours.

Top notch customer service for LC Arms thus far. And the icing on the cake is Tommy facilitated the customer service as well.

I'm going to zero and sling her. That's it. I was looking for an affordable, quality AR that was light and simple. Fixed A2. 1:9 twist to handle the lighter ball well.

Boom. Thanks, Tommy!

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm happy to share with my fellow members here. I've known Mark for 10 years and have done MANY transactions including NFA.
Great people work there and are FAST with their turn around time and answering questions. I can't wait to see yours!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts