M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I finally took my Springfield M1A standard to the rang for the first time today. She functioned well except the left side of the hand guard clip (and therefore the hand guard) popped free of the grooves during each shot. The clip on this side of the rifle rests on the stock and seems to be under a lot or tension (between the stock and groove in the barrel). Ay thoughts on how to fix this? My initial thoughts are 1. trim the clip on this side, 2. replace the clip and hope for a better fit, or 3. trim the stock (standard Springfield synthetic stock). Tanks in advance for the help.

-Andrew

·
Registered
94 Posts
Front hand gard

When Modifing anything work on the least expencive easiest to replace part .
If it gets buggerd up its not as big a deal to replace .

F.K.

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
Make sure there is 1/16" clearance between the top of the stock on both sides and the bottom of the handguard on both sides. If not, file/sand the bottom of the handguard on the side/s that are touching/too close.

You MAY have a handguard with the clip mounted backwards, as well. The foot that bends furthest upward has to go on the RIGHT side of the HG so the Op Rod doesn't rub it and pop it upwards/loose. If the HG clip is backward, you have to take it off and turn it around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts