M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Very pricey!

For those that don't know, Hahn was to my knowledge the only one who had written approval from the BATF to weld M14 receiver halves together.

More info can be done by searching here on the forum and in Lee Emerson's (Different) book.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
While that is a "NEAT" item. $6,500 is a little to rich for semi auto neat.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without a doubt it is! I was just surprised to see one pop up on GB. I never thought I'd actually see one for sale....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
How many LRB's can you build for that money?GI2

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
$6500 might be a lot of money, but that gives you the right to say ' I don't just have a M14/M1A, I have a HAHN' and that's got to be worth something, right?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think have this kind of cash tied up in a single M14 Franken Rifle is foolish.

Would this be considered a 100% forged receiver even though it had been welded together?GI9

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
$6500 might be a lot of money, but that gives you the right to say ' I don't just have a M14/M1A, I have a HAHN' and that's got to be worth something, right?
Worth about as much as a Lincoln pickup truck that you're scared to put fire wood in....GI2

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
at that price your not too far away from what transferable class 3 reactivated m14s go for. I wonder If hahn did the aneling, heat treating, stress relieving and case hardening properly and I would be very curious about the bridge measurements. I guess Id buy it if I were some wealthy collector.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Very pricey!

For those that don't know, Hahn was to my knowledge the only one who had written approval from the BATF to weld M14 receiver halves together.
Martin Pearl / Pearl Manufacturing (Grants, NM) also had a BATF approval letter to weld M14 receivers together.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would like to point out that the picture is dated 2007 and the seller has zero feedback.
A lot of questions for $6,500. But it would be cool to have in your collection.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
$6500.00 for bragging rights that I own a real semi auto M-14 is mighty pricey for a rifle that I'd be leery of ever pulling the trigger on.

7th

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Martin Pearl / Pearl Manufacturing (Grants, NM) also had a BATF approval letter to weld M14 receivers together.
Are these companies, HAHN and Pearl, still allowed to weld receivers under the approval letter from ATF, to be built into a semi auto rifle?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Short answer...no.

The letters were probably only for specific exceptions to the rules or were adjudicated after the fact to cover only specific serial numbers.

If they were still legal, their business would be booming I'm sure.

Bruce

·
Registered
101 Posts
Different/ admin.

anyone knowing current contact info for marty pearl pleas post or pm me if possible. trying to contact and search but no avail. his office number , emil, or Pearl Mfg number if still current. thanks
Ratntat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts