M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
One of my alltime favorite movie lines...

"...I will take THIS foot and put it in THAT ear, and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about it " or words to that affect.

I will still never understand why Delores Taylor thought she was such a hot babe. Far from it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Actual quote:

"I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Lawrence of Arabia, a true masterful film depicting exactly how the Arab uprising started, Dances with Wolves... the changing west and how it affected the American Indian, Duck Soup for a laugh are my top 3 movies ever.
If your going to cash in your chips, there hardly seems like a better way to do it than balls to the wall on a Brough Superior. DI5
fun fact: In Lakota there are male and female dialects. Kevin Costner is speaking squaw in Dances with Wolves. Native Americans think he was portraying a homosexual. LOL1

·
Registered
381 Posts
If your going to cash in your chips, there hardly seems like a better way to do it than balls to the wall on a Brough Superior. DI5
fun fact: In Lakota there are male and female dialects. Kevin Costner is speaking squaw in Dances with Wolves. Native Americans think he was portraying a homosexual. LOL1
Fixed it for you

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Those movies (all three, "The Born Losers" 1967, "Billy Jack" 1971, & "The Trial of Billy Jack" 1974) were staples of my Jr High & High School years.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lawrence of Arabia, a true masterful film depicting exactly how the Arab uprising started, Dances with Wolves... the changing west and how it affected the American Indian, Duck Soup for a laugh are my top 3 movies ever.
I dunno. I think Lawrence because of his love of the Arabs embellished the Arab Revolt and the competence of the Arabs he led somewhat. That aside, having trained and trained with Saudi "soldiers", and after observing first hand their truly pathetic devotion to duty, utter incompetence, and aversion to adversity, I often asked myself, "What happened to those leather skinned, tough, steely eyed desert warriors that were depicted in "Lawrence of Arabia"?

I love Israel, and have a lot of respect for the IDF, but frankly, having observed, trained, and lived with Arab soldiers, well, I did lose a bit of that respect for the Israeli's. I mean, it's much easier to appear as a squared away hardass when you mostly fight incompetent boobs.................

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
R.I.P.........and thanks for the memories.....

Joan Fontaine
Peter O'Toole
Ray Price
Tom Laughlin

(Anybody remember a song called "Yesterday When I was Young" by Roy Clark?)

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I like bad movies so I've suffered through Billy Jack and Billy Jack Goes to Washington.

60s and 70s was a good time for bad movies. You had bad westerns, bad biker movies, zombie movies, horror movies made on 100$ budgets, and all the terrible black kung fu movies that you'd never be able to make today.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I remember going to the drive-in to see "Billy Jack" and missing most of it. Seems something else came up. :p. Don't think I saw the whole movie until it came out on VHS.

Come to think about it, I missed seeing a bunch of movies at the drive-ins. Man, I miss drive-ins.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
I like bad movies so I've suffered through Billy Jack and Billy Jack Goes to Washington.

60s and 70s was a good time for bad movies. You had bad westerns, bad biker movies, zombie movies, horror movies made on 100$ budgets, and all the terrible black kung fu movies that you'd never be able to make today.
they actually have a name for those movies now. They are called BLACKSPLOITATION movies. When I worked at the Safeway and had some jingle in my pockets I would go to the movies and see a lot of them.

Five on the Black Hand Side, Superfly, Blackula, Shaft, and a whole slew of others I do not remember the names of. They all had a common theme though. It was not black vs. white, it was always black vs. white mob badguys.

I remember once the moviehouse showed the X rated version of A Clockwork Orange instead of the R version. I was still just as confused and nauseated at the end but saw a lot more full frontal & T & A. Even that did not help that wierd piece of work.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
drive-ins

I remember going to the drive-in to see "Billy Jack" and missing most of it. Seems something else came up. :p. Don't think I saw the whole movie until it came out on VHS.

Come to think about it, I missed seeing a bunch of movies at the drive-ins. Man, I miss drive-ins.
Albud3, is that where the term.."most accidents happen in the backseat"...came from?

You know just last year in Hermosa, SD I took a lady on a date to a drive-in. There is actually one still working. You don't have the speakers in the window anymore. Now you have to tune your radio to a certain frequency. Only problem is, most cars shut off after a bit, so you always have to keep restarting then turning off the car over and over again. A battery operated boom box would be better.

And for the curious....NO...I waited til I got her back to my apartment. I don't bend the way I used to back when I was 17.

·
Banned
951 Posts
"I dunno. I think Lawrence because of his love of the Arabs embellished the Arab Revolt and the competence of the Arabs he led somewhat. That aside, having trained and trained with Saudi "soldiers", and after observing first hand their truly pathetic devotion to duty, utter incompetence, and aversion to adversity, I often asked myself, "What happened to those leather skinned, tough, steely eyed desert warriors that were depicted in "Lawrence of Arabia"?

I love Israel, and have a lot of respect for the IDF, but frankly, having observed, trained, and lived with Arab soldiers, well, I did lose a bit of that respect for the Israeli's. I mean, it's much easier to appear as a squared away hardass when you mostly fight incompetent boobs"

The Bedouin in that Era (1880 to 1959) were true warriors, now I don't know. Rank and file Arab soldiers are poor, as in poor weapon handling, taking and giving orders, poor tactical thinking. That said, When, United under Nationalism or Religion they are Nuts akin to Japans Army Bonzie charges. Iran s Army is well trained and well equipped BUT they are NOT ARABS....its a insult to call a Male Iranian a Arab...you can get shot or stuck with a Knife. As far as the IDF they had to become tuff or become extinct...they only become as zealot as the Arabs when the country is about to fall...(1973 war)...the fighting in Lebanon has highlighted how poor the IDF Army is when stuck in a unpopular war....the IDF's military is Outstanding when on Special Ops, Intel, covert weapons buy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts