M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GB Item #941069348

Looks okay to me. Wonder how high the bids will go? I like this rifle, but I've never been convinced on reweld guns. What do you guys think?

JC.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm not either, and personally I wouldn't want anything to do with it. The same reasons I don't buy cans of worms when shopping.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I have a build completed with a Hahn H&R receiver but it has the correct markings and the center takedown slot is filled and a new slot was cut at the rear of the rail. There are some Hahns out there with the center slot not filled and without the complete engraving nomenclature on the side. BATF had specific requirements for Hahns rewelds. Be VERY careful even with Hahn marked receivers. I am not aware any other company was ever granted approval by BATF to reweld receivers.

Reactions: Tommo and XM25Ren

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Hahn Machine and Pearl manufacturing were the only 2 companies given permission to weld together demilled receivers. The requirements were very specific per ATF at the time. The permission was rescinded sometime in the mid 90s. I'm not aware of any Hahn or Pearls being confiscated, but do take a moment to look up the MKS fiasco.
PS it is my understanding the Pearl supplied many firearms for the movie Red Dawn.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
I contacted the seller and asked if it had BATF paperwork and his response was it’s a semi-auto and cannot be made to fire full auto, therefore does not need approval.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN

1 - 20 of 73 Posts